Generally known as the king of fruits, mango is one of the most nutritionally rich fruits with a unique flavour, fragrance and taste. Its immense health benefits have even seen it labelled as one of the “super fruits”. One serving of mango provides 100% of your daily vitamin C and 35% of your vitamin A, both important antioxidant nutrients. Mango also provides 12% of your daily dietary fibre. Each serving of mango is fat free, sodium free and cholesterol free. Containing over 20 different vitamins and minerals, mangoes scored 93 out of 100 on the NuVal scoring system for overall nutritional quality.
And EcoPeace mangoes are of an exceptional authentic quality because:
• Each of our 700 mango trees are naturally cared for and treated by hand throughout the year and the fruits are allowed to ripen in the sun on the trees.
• Our mangoes are obviously chemical-free and are now certified organic for the EU market.
• For exports, the mangoes are harvested only 3 to 4 days before maturity (compared to 20 days for chemically-treated mangoes exported by sea), and therefore have the maximum crucial ripening time on the tree.
• Our mangoes are transported by air to preserve their nutritional quality, their natural health benefits and their authentic taste.
• We only export in season and to non-mango-producing countries.
Our Mango Varieties
The Baguinda variety, commonly known in Senegal as Bouko Diekhal, is issued from uncontrolled cross-breed species. It is slender and oval-shaped with a light yellow flesh. Juicy, succulent and a bit fibrous, it is very appreciated by consumers.
The Smith variety ranges between the above varieties in its level of acidity. It is flat and round-shaped with a pulpy orange flesh. Very sweet and juicy, the variety can produce quite large fruits.
The Kent variety represents more than 70% of exported mangoes. It produces a big round-shaped fruit with a crimson red coloration and a soft orange flesh, juicy and without fibres. Its gustative quality is excellent.